WordPress database error: [Table './soundbod_wordpress/wp_blc_links' is marked as crashed and should be repaired]
FROM wp_blc_instances AS instances JOIN wp_blc_links AS links
ON instances.link_id = links.link_id
instances.container_type = 'post'
AND instances.container_id = 115
AND links.broken = 1
AND parser_type = 'link'
Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/soundbodylife/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3351
Known as “Fatty” or “Bulletproof” coffee (Bulletproof sounds so much better), this twist on the typical morning brew of choice is picking up steam. Developed by Silicon Valley entrepreneur Dave Asprey, Bulletproof coffee is taking the world by storm.
What is [amazon text=Bulletproof coffee&asin=B00P8E0RDS]? It is a mixture of oil (medium-chain triglyceride, I’ll get into that later), butter (organic of course), and coffee beans.
The idea for Asprey and an increasingly devoted group of “Bulletproof” fans is to promote this beverage as the “ultimate cup of joe.” The goal of the fatty coffee is to maximize your mental and physical performance with efficient energy. The concept behind fatty coffee lies in minimum dose and maximum effect.
What are the smallest changes that you can make that will create the maximum output? When it comes to energy in the morning, fatty coffee might be the answer. This simple recipe is brutally effective in providing you with energy that you need to get through the day. What makes it particularly effective are two of its ingredients: MCT oil and the organic butter.
- MCT = Less fat: Because medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) are digested very rapidly, the oils are less likely to be stored in fat tissue. Instead, MCTs provide you with more immediate energy. MCTs are also known to promote weight loss, but the exact energy increase incurred is a matter of debate. While most of the people find MCTs to help boost mental awareness and focus, energy does not necessarily boost physical energy.
- Butter = less sugar, more vitamins: Compared to regular creamer, butter contains less fat and has anti-inflammatory capabilities. Butter is a great alternative to regular cream and sugar. It also contains vitamin A and D that are crucial for our optimal health.
If you are wondering about the exact recipe of bulletproof coffee, you can find it below:
Directly from Men’s Journal: Asprey’s Bulletproof Coffee is made by following a simple formula
- 2 cups of hot coffee brewed with low-toxin beans. (Bulletproof sells such a brand, called Upgraded Coffee.)
- 1 to 2 tbsp of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil. Bulletproof sells its own purified MCT product called Upgraded Brain Octane.
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter from grass-fed cows
Brew the coffee. Combine the MCT oil, butter, and coffee in a blender. Liquefy it until a thick layer of foam forms on top of the coffee.
The Idea of buttered coffee might sound rather unhealthy. However, with natural ingredients, it can be a great way to help you start your day on the right foot in terms of focus and productivity. However, I don’t recommend more than 1 cup per day because like any other products, fatty coffee is best to be used in moderation. The key here is trial and error. I would encourage you to try the above recipe for one full week and track your results in order to see the impact of it on your health and well being.
“Bulletproof coffee” is NOT a replacement for staying active and eating a balanced diet. Fatty coffee might add a little bit of fat to your diet, but if you compensate it with a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet you’ll be fine.
If “Bulletproof coffee” sounds something that you are interested in, I would recommend you to try it? If you end up trying it, I would love to hear what are your results.