We all know how great kettlebell exercises are. They’re a great way to burn fat quickly and keep you in your best shape (and strength) as you become the best you possible. What if there was a way to speed things up a bit in regards to how quickly you burn fat and increase your strength? You’d undoubtedly do it, right?
What are Kettlebell Complexes?
Welcome to kettlebell complexes- compound exercises that are performed consecutively and without interruption. Think normal kettlebell exercises that are strung together without a rest. They’re amazing for burning fat quickly, increasing strength, and building muscle.
These back to back movements are a type of metabolic conditioning that taxes muscle groups and energy systems at the same time. This keeps the entire system under a period of extended stress and is pretty intense to say the least.
When it’s all said and done, you’re likely to feel more than fatigued, extremely shaky at best, and quite possibly a tad bit nauseous. Okay, maybe more than a tad bit and you may want to scream at the feeling that is penetrating you to the very core, but they are so worth it. They’ll speed up how quickly you see results as well as build mental and physical endurance.
The calories burned during a kettlebell complex are ridiculously significant. Not only do you burn more calories this way, but the results are positively prolonged, as in continuous calorie burn for the rest of the day! You thought your regular kettlebell routine was beneficial? Wait until you see the results with a kettlebell complex. Try any of the following and be prepared to be floored with the results.
5 Best Fat Burning Kettlebell Complexes
1. The Great Destroyer
The name alone should give you an idea of just how powerful this particular kettlebell complex is. It’s going to kick your booty and burn stupid amounts of fat at the same time. Prepare yourself for this one. Seriously. It’s that intense.
- Double Kettlebell Swing x 10 Reps
- Double Kettlebell Snatch x 10 Reps
- Double Kettlebell Front Squat x 10 Reps
- Double Kettlebell Clean and Press x 10 Reps
- Push Ups x 10 Reps
- Bent Over Rows x 10 Reps
- Recommended weights are two 16-20kg kettlebells for males and two 8-12kg kettlebells for females.
2. Sequential Dismay
Ouch. Remember this as you prepare for this kettlebell complex. You’re going to be in pain…a lot of pain. The results, though? Give it a go and see for yourself. Are you tough enough? Only one way to find out!.
- Double Kettlebell Clean x 8 Reps
- Double Kettlebell Front Squat x 5 Reps
- Double Kettlebell Clean x 5 Reps
- Double Kettlebell Front Squat x 3 Reps
- Double Kettlebell Clean x 3 Reps
- Double kettlebell Front Squat x 2 Reps
- Double Kettlebell Clean x 2 Reps
- Double Kettlebell Front Squat x 1 Rep
- Recommended weights are two 20-24kg for males and two 12-16kg for females.
3. Armor Building
Not only is this complex going to burn fat quickly, but it’s also going to build you a nice set of armor in the form of super toned and extremely strong muscles. While burning awesome amounts of fat, it’s going to harden your existing muscle to a suit of armor. Ready for this one?
- Double Clean x 2 Reps
- Military Press x 1 Rep
- Double Front Squat x 3 Reps
- Do as many of these as you can in a fifteen minute period.
- Recommended weights are at least two 24kg for males and at least two 16 kg for females.
4. Fresh off the Yacht
Do this one every day. Starting your mornings with Fresh off the Yacht complexes is really one of the best ways you can start your day. It won’t kill you like some of the others, but will be enough to get those muscles burning and that fat flying off.
- One Arm Swing x 5 Reps
- One Arm Clean x 5 Reps
- One Arm Snatch x 5 Reps
- One Arm Jerk x 5 Reps
- Reverse Lunge x 5 Reps
- Do these back to back on each arm.
- Recommended weights are one 16-20kg for men and one 12-16kg for females.
5. The Five Minute Complex from Hell
The name should pretty much say it all. You’re going to feel like that’s exactly where you’ve gone. You will come back though, I promise. Just much stronger and leaner than you ever could have imagined.
- One Arm Swing x 30 Seconds
- One Arm Clean x 30 Seconds
- One Arm Snatch x 30 Seconds
- Push Press x 30 Seconds
- Front Squat x 30 Seconds
- These should be done in periods of 30 seconds each. One time on the right and then repeating the sequence on the left.
A Final Thought
These are not your normal kettlebell exercises. I mean, they are, but they’re far more intense than what you’re probably used to. Start slow and never push yourself beyond what you can handle. Lift what you can, do what you can, and you’ll soon see they mesh marvelously with your already amazing routine.
Our Recommendation To Get You Started
There is nothing that is standing on your way to get back in shape rather than excuses you are keep making. At the end of the day, you are lying to yourself. You can definitely find 5-15 minutes in a day to invest in your health. If not today, then when? For those who are just starting out with kettlebell, we recommend the following one: