WordPress database error: [Table './soundbod_wordpress/wp_blc_links' is marked as crashed and should be repaired]
FROM wp_blc_instances AS instances JOIN wp_blc_links AS links
ON instances.link_id = links.link_id
instances.container_type = 'post'
AND instances.container_id = 2734
AND links.broken = 1
AND parser_type = 'link'
Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/soundbodylife/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3353
Keto is a diet that has been in existence for over 90 years. It’s low in carbohydrates, high in fat, and supplies adequate protein. This diet is popularly used to lose weight by fitness and bikini models, as well as bodybuilders. Also, it’s used to treat and prevent diseases such epilepsy, cancer, and Alzheimer among others.
To help get you started, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best ketogenic diet recipes!
One Skillet Bacon and Eggs:
- 4 large organic eggs
- 8 slices meaty bacon
- 1 carrot, peeled into thin strips
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped cauliflower or broccoli
- ½ large white onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Slice the bacon across the grain into small strips.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then add the bacon and vegetables.
- Stirring often to sauté the mixture for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables begin to caramelize and the bacon starts to crisp on the edges.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the skillet and then proceed to make a well in each quarter section.
- Break one egg into each well and continue cooking until all the eggs are almost done.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and continue cooking a little more until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Keto Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte:
Yields 3 servings. Each serving with 132 Calories, 2.1g Net Carbs, 13g Fats, and 0.4g Protein.
- 2 cups strong, freshly brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 15 drops of liquid Stevia
- 2 tbsp. butter
- In a pot, heat the pumpkin, coconut milk, spices, and butter over medium-low heat.
- Once bubbling, add the strong, freshly brewed coffee and mix together.
- Remove the mixture from the stove, add Stevia and whipping cream, and then mix together using an immersion blender.
- Top with a little extra whipped cream and a pinch more spice, then enjoy.
Other Keto breakfast recipes:
Ham and Cheese Keto Stromboli:
Yields 4 servings. Each serving with 306 Calories, 4.7g Net Carbs, 21.8g Fats, and 25.6g Protein.
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3.5 oz. cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 4 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz. ham
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F. In a toaster oven or microwave, melt the mozzarella cheese. About 10 minutes in the oven or about 1 minute in the microwave followed by 10 second intervals, stirring occasionally.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond and coconut flour, as well as the seasonings, then place the melted mozzarella on top and begin working it in.
- After about 1 minute, when the cheese has cooled down a bit, add the egg and mix everything together.
- Once everything is combined, transfer the dough to a flat surface covered with parchment paper.
- Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top and using your hand or a rolling pin flatten it out.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut diagonal lines starting from the edges of the dough to the center. Leave a row of dough about 4 inches wide, untouched.
- Alternate laying cheddar and ham on the uncut stretch of dough.
- When done, lift one section of the dough at a time, and lay it over the top covering the filling.
- Bake this for about 15 to 20 minutes until it has turned a golden brown color.
- Slice it up and serve!
Ground Beef Keto Frittata:
Yields 4 servings. 1 portion of Keto Frittata: 490 Calories, 5g Net Carbs, 40g Fat, 25g Protein, and 1.5g Fiber.
- 300g of fatty ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 200g goat cheese (pick a low-protein, low-carb, , high fat one)
- 4 mushrooms
- 3 leaves of Kale
- 1Tbsp. curry powder
- 1Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1Tbsp. paprika
- Cut the mushrooms, kale, and the green and red peppers into small cubes.
- In a pan, heat the coconut oil and sauté the vegetables until done.
- Add your ground beef and stir until it’s browned.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the pan.
- Beat your eggs with the spices and gently pour this egg mixture evenly on the contents in the pan.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese over the top.
- To finish, cover the skillet for about 3-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the eggs are cooked.
Other Keto main meal recipes:
- Low Carb meatloaf
- Avocado Tuna Melt Bites
- Low Carb baked salmon recipes
- Slow cooker Keto chicken tikka masala
- Keto coconut curry chicken tenders
Keto Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies:
Yields about 15 Cookies. Per cookie, they are 99 Calories, 1.7g Net Carbs, 8.9g Fats, and 2.9g Protein.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 25 drops liquid Stevia
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp. Erythritol
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix the almond flour, baking powder, and erythritol together.
- In a different bowl, measure out the pumpkin puree, butter, liquid Stevia, and vanilla.
- Mix everything together well, forming a pasty dough.
- Roll the dough into about 15 small balls and set them on a cookie sheet covered with a silpat.
- Using the bottom side of a jar or your hand, press the balls flat and bake them for about for 12-13 minutes.
- While your cookies are cooking, run the 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and 2 tsp. erythritol through a spice grinder (for topping).
- Once your cookies are done, sprinkle them with the topping.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.
Low Carb Coconut Macaroon:
Yields about 56 cookies. Each macaroon with 78 calories, 3g Carbs, 7g fat, 2g protein and 2g fiber.
- 4 large egg whites
- 16 ounces unsweetened dried coconut, finely shredded
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- 8 oz. softened, cream cheese
- 2 oz. Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 oz. Da Vinci Sugar Free White Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325F. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the erythritol, 1 tablespoon at a time, while beating the mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Beat heavy cream and cream cheese until smooth, then add the syrup and mix well. Next, add the coconut mixture in thirds until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper and then use a small ice cream scoop to drop the coconut mixture in mounds on the cookie sheets.
- Place on separate racks in the oven and bake for 20 -25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cookies to dry for 30 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Store at room temperature up to 5 days, in an airtight container in single layer.
Other Keto dessert recipes:
- Low Carb pie crust
- No bake cheesecake
- Choco-chia pudding
- Keto chocolate peanut butter tarts
- Low Carb lemon poppy seed soufflés