If you have sensitive skin, you know how important finding the right moisturizer truly is. There are a lot of options out there, but which are truly the best moisturizers for sensitive skin? We have compiled a list of only the very best, based on a strict reviewing process that takes into account the needs of the consumer. Every person with sensitive skin needs to find the best moisturizer for their specific skin concerns and a product that falls within their budget. If you’re wondering which moisturizer is right for you and your sensitive skin, these are the best moisturizers on the market.
What Are Moisturizers For Sensitive Skin?
These are moisturizers designed specifically with sensitive skin in mind. They don’t contain harsh additives or anything that will irritate sensitive skin while still moisturizing the skin.
How Does it Work?
Moisturizers for sensitive skin do not contain ingredients that are commonly known to irritate skin. The best moisturizers for sensitive skin usually don’t contain parabens, synthetic oils, or synthetic fragrances. Even while lacking these commonly used ingredients in moisturizers, those made for sensitive skin still provide adequate hydration through other more organic and calming ingredients.
Apply moisturizer to face and neck via the instructions on the package, and your skin will be hydrated and remain moisturized for a period of time depending on the product chosen.
Where Can You Buy the Best Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin?
All of the products we found and reviewed can be purchased on Amazon, and most can also be found at drugstores or other websites.
How We Reviewed
In order to come up with the best moisturizers for sensitive skin, we reviewed tons of moisturizers designed specifically for those with sensitive skin. During the reviews, we took into account the price, the pros & cons, the features offered, where to purchase, and the quality of each moisturizer. The ones that made our top 10, according to our strict parameters, are the best moisturizers for sensitive skin. We ensured that our findings were not biased by implementing the rating system. We wanted to find moisturizers that would be beneficial to anyone seeking a great quality moisturizer designed with sensitive skin concerns in mind.
Overall Price Range
Moisturizers for sensitive skin can range anywhere from the same price as regular moisturizers to quite a bit higher, depending on your specific skin concern and which types of ingredients are used in the making of the product. Usually, the higher the price, the better quality the ingredients used in the product will be. While this is not always the case, organic ingredients and natural preservatives that are healthier for skin come at a higher price point.
Moisturizers that also contain SPF (a great ingredient if you’re going to be outdoors a lot, as UV rays can cause premature wrinkles and other skin concerns) may also be higher in price. You can expect to pay anywhere for a moisturizer made for sensitive skin. The price range varies a lot, but it all depends on the company, the means of production, and the ingredients used. You’re going to want to choose which product you want based on the ingredients that are best suited for you.
What We Reviewed
- Gentle formula is hypoallergenic, non comedogenic, fragrance free, oil free and alcohol...
- Specially formulated for sensitive skin, this moisturizer is both lightweight, oil free...
- Apply all over your face and neck; Can be used morning and night, alone or under makeup
This is one of the best moisturizers due to its ability to moisturize skin without leaving an oily feeling. It has a broad-spectrum sunscreen built in to help further protect your skin from harmful UV rays. It comes highly recommended by dermatologists. It’s a water-based formula and provides long-lasting moisture throughout your entire day. It’s alcohol-free but does containethylparaben, methylparaben, and petrolatum, but has zero synthetic fragrances or oils. Makeup can be worn on top of this moisturizer, and it is proudly made in the U.S.A.
- 4-fluid ounces of Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15...
- In just one week, this calming moisturizer rebalances dry skin, and reduces the appearance...
- Its unique formula is made with Calming Feverfew, one of nature's most effective and...
This best moisturizer is excellent for skin because they formulate it with natural calming Feverfew extract, making it perfect for those who struggle with super-sensitive skin. It can be used daily and contains SPF. It’s been reported to be the best moisturizer for those who are always struggling with breakouts or itching when using most other moisturizers. It provides comfortable, all-day hydration to even the most sensitive skin types.
- 2 ounces hydrating cream that hydrates as well as refreshes, soothes and nourishes...
- Chamomile derived bisabolol conditions and calms your complexion while...
- Vitamin c naturally brightens to restore youthful radiance as glycerin locks in moisture...
This moisturizer is another one recommended by dermatologists. It’s paraben free and works for all skin types, particularly sensitive skin. It’s even okay for use on mature skin with wrinkles and other age concerns, as it will not weigh down the skin and provides lasting hydration. This best moisturizer contains green tea, vitamin E & C and antioxidants. It contains no preservatives and causes no irritation to sensitive skin.
- [AM/PM FACIAL MOISTURIZING PACK] Includes CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with Broad...
- [AM FACIAL MOISTURIZER] With Broad Spectrum SPF 30 moisturizes throughout the day & helps...
- [PM FACIAL MOISTURIZER] With Niacinamide moisturizes throughout the night & helps restore...
This moisturizer is fantastic for not only sensitive skin but for those who suffer from Eczema, according to dermatologists. It’s a very high-quality moisturizer, especially considering its low price. It works for all skin types and provides essential ceramides that aid the skin in restoring its natural barrier. The formula is lightweight and provides moisture throughout the day or night. It’s also oil-free. The promise of 24 hours of hydration is a great fit for anyone, making it convenient despite your schedule.
- MADE WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS - FREE OF HARMFUL TOXIC PETROCHEMICALS: As such,...
- NON-COMEDOGENIC. GREAT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Fights off free radicals (the root cause of...
- GENTLY & THOROUGHLY MOISTURIZES WITHOUT STRIPPING, DRYING OR LEAVING BUILD-UP: Our cream...
This is one of the best moisturizers on the market for quite a few reasons. It can be safely used during both night and day, for both woman and men. It’s paraben-free, contains no sulfates, dyes, harmful preservatives, or synthetic scents. Instead of using a traditional preservative, licorice is used, giving it a light licorice scent. Many other organic ingredients are used, including aloe vera, grape seed oil, almond oil, and coconut oil. This moisturizer is cruelty-free and provides fresh hydration to sensitive skin.
- It reduces redness associated with reactive skin and rosacea
- Its key ingredient improves the appearance of blood vessels
- It soothes irritation and calms heat sensations with natural minerals. Saponin-enriched...
This moisturizer is great for sensitive skin and even for those who suffer from redness. It is dermatologist recommended, and it contains anti-inflammatory and calming properties that are wonderful for skin. It contains shea butter and provides long-lasting moisture. It’s also paraben-free and contains vitamin E, which is known to be great for all skin types.
- Beauty and Personal Care Product;Dermalogica Skin Care; Packaging may vary
- Apply a small amount evenly over face and throat with light, upward strokes. Best used...
- Gluten free, paraben free and cruelty free
This is one of the best moisturizers because it controls redness, is great for sensitive skin, and has tons of reviews. It gives skin an incredibly soft feel after use and is a silicone-based formula that calms easily irritated skin. It’s also gluten-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free. This product is also unique because it contains no water.
- Hydrating lotion for men
- Plant based Hydration technology absorbs quickly to restore the skin's moisture barrier
- Leaves skin feeling smooth and reFreshed with a shine Free matte finish
This moisturizer is great because very little product is needed to achieve its full benefits. It absorbs quickly, is oil-free, and provides quicker healing from shaving nicks and breakouts. It’s highly soothing and contains organic ingredients such as chamomile, green tea extracts, and aloe vera. It’s fragrance-free and very lightweight. This product made for men has also been reportedly used by women who also loved it. This product can even help control oil and shine on skin. It provides hydration to skin both morning and evening.
- Sensitive skin face cream that restores skin comfort; Formulated with Neurosensine to...
- Non comedogenic; Protected by an ultra hermetic packaging to prevent any contamination,...
- Ingredients: Aqua/Water Isocetyl Stearate Squalane Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/seha Butter...
This moisturizer is made with a very lightweight formula that absorbs quickly and causes no irritation to sensitive skin. This product is approved by dermatologists and is excellent for combination skin. It’s particularly helpful for those who suffer from Rosacea or redness of the skin. It’s fragrance-free and contains zero preservatives. This best moisturizer for sensitive skin is both protective and soothing. It can be used in the morning and at night.
- Lightweight moisturizer provides an immediate surge of active hydration
- Formulated with Vitamin E, B3, and aloe
- Broad Spectrum SPF 30 with SolaSheer Sensitive Technology helps protect against harmful...
This is one of the best moisturizers out there. It’s a great daily moisturizer that contains SPF 30 to prevent damaging UVA and UVB sun rays that are known to cause wrinkles and other damage to the skin. This moisturizer is lightweight and leaves skin feeling incredibly soft after use. It also works great under makeup without leaving your skin feeling oily or appearing overly shiny. It contains aloe, vitamin B3, and glycerin. It’s so lightweight that it doesn’t clog pores or feel heavy on the skin. It’s a great quality moisturizer for the price and can be used daily. This product comes recommended by dermatologists and is fragrance-free.
If you have concerns with sensitive skin and haven’t found the best moisturizer for your particular skin concerns, this list is sure to have one that is perfect for you.
If you’re struggling with redness of the face or pigmentation issues, consider going with either the Avene Antirousgeurs Fort Relief Concentrate, Dermalogica Barrier Repair, or Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion, as they all offer redness control.
The best moisturizers for sensitive skin, if you’re on a budget, would be either Olay Complete Daily Defense or Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Daily Moisturizer. With the Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Daily Moisturizer, you’ll definitely be getting the most bang for your buck while not sacrificing quality. It has the most benefits for the price out of the other pricier moisturizer options on the list.
Take into consideration your specific skin concerns, your budget, how long you want the product to last you, and whether or not you’re also looking for SPF protection in your moisturizer. Anyone of these moisturizers is an excellent choice for sensitive skin. We hope that this list will help you narrow down your search for the best moisturizer for your needs.
Featured Image Source: Pexels
Last update on 2021-02-27 at 02:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API