There’s nothing like winding down after a long day with a warm bath, candles, and your drink of choice. Organic bath bombs make it even better.
It’s the end of the night. Everything in the house has been straightened up, kids put to bed, and husband decides to be nice and draw you a bath. He lights the candles and even pours you a glass of your favorite wine. The only thing to make this better is your favorite organic bath bomb that sits in a basket on a shelf. Which one are you going to choose? Maybe a nice lavender scent that will leave you feeling relaxed. Or the jasmine scent your friend gave you in a gift basket. Either way, your bath will be relaxing and fun!
What Are They?
Who doesn’t love bath bombs? They make baths more relaxing and add a bit of fizzy fun as the tub fills up. These objects of delight come in many shapes, sizes, textures, and scents. And they’re basically compact balls of bubbly soap that make the water feel pretty amazing. You can purchase bath bombs in stores, but organic bath bombs are becoming widely popular. Normally the ones that aren’t labeled organic or natural come with ingredients that can strip your skin of its necessary oils, Worse yet, they may even contain toxins.
Why Choose an Organic Bath Bomb?
Organic bath bombs are free from harmful compounds, like preservatives or toxic chemicals either. Some of these even come packed with healthy, plant-based ingredients to improve your skin over time. Who’d want to pass that up?
7 Things to Love About Organic Bath Bombs
As you may have noticed, organic bath bombs are ever growing in popularity. They’re fun, colorful and have different benefits that can help you relax after a long hard day of working or taking care of the kids. Why do we love these little, or large, bath bombs?
- Body Pampering: Bath bombs that have natural ingredients such as shea butter, jojoba oil, and essential oils your body literally thanks you afterward. Shea butter is a natural sunscreen and helps protect against the harmful damage of the sun. It’s also an anti-inflammatory agent! Need to get rid of any excess sebum build up? Look no further than jojoba oil! It also keeps your skin soft and keeps the redness down. Essential oils top it off by relieving tension.
- They’re fun! : Admit it, you’ve all watch and enjoyed, the videos where you see people putting bath bombs in water. The fizzing noise coupled with the visual of them disappearing, who couldn’t get enough of that? You get to put pretty little balls of bundled soap in clear jars, then bath time comes around and the real fun begins. Now grab your favorite glass of wine or champagne, your favorite bath bomb and go enjoy a nice bath!
- Easy to use: Unlike bubble baths, or bath salts, bath bombs take no time at all to use. If you keep them in a jar, or covered basket, you can just pluck one out of their spots and toss it in the water. No measuring required. Easy peasy rice and cheesy!
“There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them.”
— Sylvia Plath
- Good For the Environment: We are all accused of having those plastic bubble bath bottles (unless you’re lucky enough to find glass one). The good thing about bath bombs is that they come in recyclable paper. Not to mention, the ones that are wrapped in paper are better for you! Plastic ones can be harmful to our skin and health.
- Who Can’t Resist a Spa-Like Experience: Can’t afford to go to the spa? No worries! Fill your tub with warm water, throw in the bath bomb. Light some candles around the room (be careful of where you put them, don’t want a fire). Grab a glass of wine, put on some soft music and you’re set! Relaxation at its finest.
- Improve Circulation: Certain bath bombs help your body relax. Accompanied by the warm water, your veins and arteries open up allowing blood to circulate easier through your body. This lowers blood pressure and alleviates stress. Who could say no to no stress?
- A Scent-Sational Moment: Bath bombs are created with essential oils. Each essential oil gives us different benefits and put us in different moods. If you’re looking to relax, try a lavender and rosemary scent. Need a more soothing state of mind? Try straight up lavender. Lavender is also known to help take away muscle aches and cramps, what more could you ask for in a bath bomb?
More reasons to Choose an Organic or Natural Bath Bomb
The term organic is thrown around a lot, but why is it better? When it comes to bath bombs you should pick organic or natural ones that are wrapped in paper, instead of plastic. Yes, organic can be somewhat pricey, but worth it when it comes to what we are using on our skin. ‘Normal’ bath bombs found in stores are usually filled with a lot of irritating preservatives and harsh chemicals that are harmful to our skin. However, organic bath bombs come with natural ingredients you would find in nature.
Why disturb your nervous system with a toxic perfumed scent, when you can have a lovely herbal scent that will give you better, relaxing benefits?
Benefits of Organic Bath Bombs
We all love the benefits that we get from organic bath bombs, as we listed above in “reasons to love them.” They are crazy fizzy and fun to watch dissolve. Once the water hits them it’s like watching a million bubbles fill the water. Essential oils are added to the water to help soothe your skin, make it softer, more elastic, and who could say no to that?
They also smell good! Organic bath bombs are infused with herbs and flowers instead of perfumes that could cause your skin and nose to become irritated. The aromatherapy of bath bombs can help you sleep or change your mood. Certain essential oils, like eucalyptus, can help with colds, the flu, and can also clear your sinuses.
Not only do they offer aromatherapy, and deep relaxation, they make great gifts.
Where Can I Find Organic Bath Bombs Near Me?
A lot of all natural stores that offer beauty products generally have natural or organic bath bombs on the shelves. Since online shopping is becoming bigger every day, you really should check out Amazon’s great selection. Here are a few other places you can find them!
If you’re looking for something relaxing or a bit of fun, Lush Cosmetics has a great variety of bath bombs. They come in many different scents, shapes, sizes, and a lot of them are vegan! Grab one called Rocket Science, this little guy is shaped like a rocket ship and has a lemon-bergamot scent. Maybe something a little more holiday-ish? Try the Christmas Sweater. This spicy bath bomb features ginger as its main attraction. Whichever you pick, Lush is sure to have something you’ll love!
A Local Specialty Shop … Or Target and WalMart
Even if we don’t all shop online, there’s always a walk-in store you can get bath bombs. Chances are, there’s a specialty shop near you that keeps them in stock. But if not, there’s always Target and Walmart. Target has bath bombs with fun names. Try the “F” Bomb by Da Bomb Bath Fizzers. This little guy comes in a lovely lavender scent and is handmade in the USA; gluten-free and vegan. If there isn’t a Target near you, check out your local WalMart. You’ll find a nice set by Art Naturals that has six different scents. Wherever you decide to get organic bath bombs, you’ll find an array of colors and scents.
Product Reviews – Our Favorite Organic Bath Bombs
There are organic bath bombs created by brands we all recognize. Beauty by Earth, ArtNaturals, Lush, Anjou, and Brubaker. These are some of my favorite brands to purchase. Additionally, these can all be found online without having to leave the comfort of your home! They’re organic, natural and come in a lot of great scents, as well as cute packages.
The one thing that I love about this bath bomb set is that it isn’t overly scented. I like my bath bombs that are scented but not the hit-you-in-the-nose kind of scent. They also come with cute stickers on top that feature little sayings: Get Well Soon, Muscle Relief, Relaxing Detox, Bedtime Ritual, Just Relax, and Joint Relief. My favorite of the bunch is the Bedtime Ritual. I have a hard time falling asleep, so on those nights I can’t sleep I will run a warm bath and toss this little guy in. I would give these little guys a 5 out of 5 stars because they’re affordable, come in cute packaging, and smell great! This brand is also made right here in the USA. Additionally, the kids and hubby love them too!
These make my top five list because they come in paper wrapping. Not to mention, look at those cute stickers! They’re made with natural clay that is combined with mineral salts. The only thing that I would complain about is that the scent isn’t as strong as the Beauty by Earth brand. These babies get a 4.5 stars out of 5 because the scent is so faint.
This is one of my favorite sets of bath bombs. Purest Naturals is a really good brand, and I generally save these for days where I just want a good soak. One of the reasons I like these is they come in a lot of my favorite scents; lavender, peppermint, and jasmine. They’re organic, the packaging is simple but pretty and comes in a nice blue box. I give these a 5 out of 5 because they’re reasonably priced and have lots of fizzy bubbles. Not to mention, Amazon shipped them real fast.
I was actually really disappointed with these bath bombs. I was given these as a birthday gift a couple of years ago and finally got to them this month. Since I couldn’t sleep I decided to open the Sleep Well bath bomb. However, once the tub was about half full of warm water and I dropped the ball in, no fizzing happened. I was thoroughly disappointed. I have to give this brand a 2 out of 5 stars. Pretty harsh, right? But what’s a bath bomb if it doesn’t fizz? Just a ball of soap. To be fair, the product description says they smell “sensational,” and “gently dissolve” to make your skin very soft. They also come in a variety of shapes, scents, and fun ingredients so I’d give a different set a second chance.
This bath bomb set is amazing! It was a splurge gift for myself after passing finals. I was stressed and needed a great way to unwind. It wasn’t a brand I had ever heard of, yet the picture sold me. They looked like little Easter eggs. When I got them I was excited because I could smell them before opening the box. Some scents don’t go well together, but these smelled wonderful. I give these a 5 out 5 because they come with natural essential oils, the scents aren’t too strong, but prominent, and they’re organic. I definitely recommend these for gift baskets, bridal showers, and even baby showers. So your bestie, sister, mother, whoever will love them.
These bath bombs are the size of tennis balls! You definitely get your money’s worth with the Ka-loo-i bath bomb fizzies. Not only are these ones organic, but they are also vegan. They are 100% natural and also contain essential oils. Each one has a specific healing quality such as de-stressing, energizing, etc. There are no parabens, no sls, and no artificial ingredients. They are a perfect choice for those looking to help the environment or have skin sensitivities.
DIY Organic Bath Bombs and How to Make Them
Maybe you can’t afford to buy organic bath bombs, as some can be expensive, or you can’t find the ones you want. Why not make them? A lot of recipes you find online feature using citric acid. That’s a hard ingredient to find. However, did you know that you can just use lemon juice? These fizzy balls are quite simple to make and a lot of the ingredients are found in your homes.
Organic Bath Bomb Recipe (Without Citric Acid)
- ½ Cup baking soda
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 to 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Essential oils – Get it here
- A spray bottle
- Decorations or coloring (optional) – lavender buds
This video by YouTuber DIY Therapy shows you how to make them without citric acid.
By making bath bombs yourself, you’ll need to use them right away. They don’t last as long as the store-bought ones, and over time they may lose their fizzy fun.
Organic Bath Bombs, Great Gifts, and Perfect for “Me-Time”
Organic bath bombs make great gifts for friends and family and coworkers. In addition, you can buy them or make them and then wrap them in a cute little basket, or put them in a clear jar with an adorable ribbon wrapped around the top. No matter where you get them, getting organic or natural bath bombs are great for your skin and for your health. You can get them in any size, shape, color, and scent, just pick your favorite. Will you be getting them for yourself or for someone you know?