Which Is The Best Prenatal Vitamins To Take?
Knowing how to choose the best prenatal vitamins for you and your baby is not always easy. The market is full of different choices, and they may sometimes seem complicated. This is especially true if you have a more unique and demanding diet. Staying safe when taking prenatal vitamins can sometimes be a challenge as well. Taking the time to inform yourself about the different aspects of the market is pretty much mandatory.
Related post: Do Multivitamins Work?
The Best Prenatal Vitamins Currently On The Market
Here is our list of the top prenatal brands to choose to help you have a safe, happy, and healthy pregnancy. We have included organic brands as well, which is listed in the bullet points. Let’s get started.
Vitafusion Prenatal, Gummy Vitamins
- A great choice for those who dislike the regular taste of prenatal vitamins.
- Chewable for easy consumption.
- It has lower iron content can make them suitable for people with specific conditions.
- There are different flavors with proper saturation and sweetness.
- There is some sugar added for extra taste, although different users report varying success rates. This brand doesn’t cost much, depending on the quantity you need to purchase – but generally very affordable.
- Can be taken continuously, even during breastfeeding, making them the best prenatal vitamins for regular use. Company is known for attention to customer satisfaction and a good presence on the market.
- Top rated on a regular basis.
- They also care about customer safety a lot, and are a regular choice for many mothers.
New Chapter Perfect Prenatal Vitamins Fermented with Probiotics
- Fermented for extra effected, separating them from competing products.
- Unique blend that can produce outstanding effects over its entire duration.
- Safe to take at any point. Does not need additional food consumption prior to taking the vitamins.
- Suitable for a variety of diets, even more sensitive ones. All ingredients are organic and verified through a rigorous process.
- Sources for different ingredients are listed for curious customers, and the company is open to additional questions as well.
- Special attention is paid to delivering a high-quality product with long-lasting effects.
- The unique recipe could easily be one of the best recent additions to the market, and these could easily be the best prenatal vitamins at the moment.
One A Day Women’s Prenatal Vitamins
- Complete solution for entire pregnancy period and its follow-up.
- Provides a balanced source of every important vitamin and nutrient for a healthy development.
- Can stimulate delivery of oxygen to the baby.
- Stimulates the development of various aspects of your baby’s health, and also helps avoid certain developmental and birth defects. Of course, it can not negate such problems when they originate in the area of genes.
- Can specifically aid the development of a healthy brain and eyesight.
- Great for taking after pregnancy as well.
- Should not interfere with other aspects of your diet, as long as you follow the instructions.
- Make sure you don’t exceed the recommended intake. Otherwise they should be completely safe.
Nature Made Prenatal Multi Vitamins
- Respected product by various users.
- Comes with great properties that can be of great help in the development of a baby.
- Enjoys a lot of positive attention in the market.
- Has an established presence with a long-running position.
- A reliable solution for long-term use.
- Affordable by most people’s standards.
- Comes in a large package that should last plenty of time.
- Tablets are easy to swallow and don’t cause any unnecessary discomfort.
- Can be taken during whole pregnancy period.
- One of the best prenatal vitamins for a balanced diet.
- Also suitable for taking after the baby’s birth.
- Most users report a complete lack of adverse reactions, and a great overall feeling when taking the vitamins.
- Of course, it’s still great to stay on the safe side and take less at first. When you’re sure they don’t affect you in any negative ways, you can easily take more if you feel it’s necessary.
SmartyPants Prenatal Complete Gummy Vitamins: Multivitamin & Omega 3 Fish Oil
- Another great-tasting solution.
- Fantastic for those who don’t like taking multivitamins and want a more attractive taste.
- Provides a balanced range of different nutrients.
- Omega-3 fish oil should assist in the development of a healthy brain.
- The company is concerned with the sources of its products as well.
- They seem to pay a lot of attention to fish stocks, etc.
- Easily the best prenatal vitamins for mothers concerned with nature and those who want to avoid having a large impact.
- No iron included due to concerns of potential overdosing due to the taste.
- On the other hand, this makes them great for increased consumption.
- Of course, there is a limit, so make sure you don’t overdo them. As usual, make sure you familiarize yourself with the instructions carefully before proceeding.
- Also, consult your physician if you suspect there might be any issues with the vitamins and your diet.
Rainbow Light – Prenatal One Multivitamins
- Powerful solution in a balanced package.
- Suitable for many different diets.
- Vegan, gluten free (#1 natural prenatal vitamin solution)
- Contains no artificial ingredients, making it one of the best prenatal vitamins for buyers who prefer natural products.
- Everything is sourced from plants and other organic materials, including certain types of fish. Includes vitamins A, C, and D2.
- Does not upset stomach, can be easily adapted to any diet.
- Also works in vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Provides a balanced addition to your diet that can really improve the health of your baby.
- Can be of great help for a healthy brain and prevention of issues.
- Also great for the mother’s own health.
- One of the more reliable solutions on the market. Among the best selling prenatal vitamins.
Garden of Life Vegetarian Prenatal Multivitamin Supplement with Folate
- Unique formula with a powerful effect.
- Can provide adequate nourishment for both the mother and child.
- Uses only natural ingredients and nothing artificial, even in terms of flavoring and colors.
- Manufacturer claims that more than 20 different fruits and vegetables are used in the recipe.
- No high heat used in the processing.
- Raw diet approved and organic
- Very positive customer reviews on a consistent basis.
- Can stimulate the development of healthy skin.
- Comes in several different variants suitable for various diets and conditions.
- This vitaman can do a lot to ensure that your child grows up healthy and without any problems.
- Also suitable for long-term consumption.
- Respected brand with a strong market presence.
- Safe for consumption with a variety of foods.
- Just make sure you follow the instructions and consult your doctor for compatibility.
- Does not cause any sickness or general problems.
- Very safe for long-term use.
One A Day Women’s Prenatal 1 Pill Multivitamin, with DHA and Folic Acid
- Can be taken during all stages of pregnancy.
- This includes the time afterwards as well, and it’s a great source of vitamins for a mother in general.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can contribute to the development of the brain.
- Can also strengthen the eyesight and skin tone.
- Contains iron, so make sure you take it in a controlled manner.
- Consult your physician to ensure that there are no counterindications for iron in your diet.
- Other than that, completely safe for all diets and pregnancy stages.
- Can also prevent the development of certain issues in the child’s early stages of life.
- Rich in vitamin D for a healthy, stable growing period.
- Should not lead to side effects like nausea or other issues.
Nature Made Prenatal plus DHA Softgels
- Perfect for all types of pregnancy.
- One of the best prenatal vitamins for a balanced delivery of different nutrients and vitamins.
- Promotes healthy brain and eye development and an overall strong body.
- Includes a good selection of crucial vitamins that attribute to different aspects of the baby’s growth.
- Made with natural products.
- The company actually cares a lot about the source of their ingredients, and this shows in their attitude.
- They have been around for a while and have a strong presence on the market with a lot of customer respect.
- Among the better reviewed companies on most online stores at the moment.
Garden of Life Organic Prenatal Multivitamin Supplement with Folate
- Great choice for those who want something affordable yet highly effective.
- Certified organic
- High levels of different vitamins can ensure that your baby grows up healthy and safe.
- The best prenatal vitamins for taking during all pregnancy stages.
- Safe for regular consumption too.
- May not have the best taste for all likes, but it should still be tolerable.
- Buyers have recommended taking large glasses of water before and after the vitamins to minimize the bad taste. Still, it should not be too bad once you get used to it.
- The vitamins can be taken over long periods of time without any issues otherwise.
- Can assist in the growth of a healthy, strong baby with positive traits.
- In particular, can help strengthen the hair, nails and other parts of the body.
- Fantastic solution for mothers concerned with the safety of their babies.
Which Prenatal Vitamins Are Best For You?
While I have done plenty of research on this topic and consider myself to be a bit of an expert, it is still always a good idea to consult a professional when it comes to the health of you and your little one. Make sure to do additional research to find the best prenatal vitamins for your body. Here’s a video that explains some of the brands listed in our guide (along with some others).
Additional Information About Prenatal Vitamins
Prenatal vitamins are for those who are pregnant or trying to become pregnant. These vitamins are also used by women breast feeding. They can promote hair and nail growth but this is not what they should be used for. Folic acid is a key ingredient to most prenatal formulas. If you just want hair and nail growth, consider purchasing that supplement alone (or try Biotin).
Related Post (Post-pregnancy): Don’t forget to check out our post on the best organic baby formula brands!
Can you buy prenatal vitamins over-the-counter?
Yes, they are available at pharmacies such as CVS and Rite Aid and can usually be found at your local grocery store too.
Benefits Of Prenatal Vitamins
While we all know the importance of good nutrition (and a balanced diet) during pregnancy, it is important to understand why prenatal vitamins are a good choice for both you and your baby’s health. Benefits in a nutshell include:
- Extra nutrients you and your baby need during various stages of pregnancy
- Can help baby with strong bones and teeth
- Helps prevent spinal and/or birth defects for baby
The Best Prenatal Vitamins Contain The Following Ingredients:
- Folic acid
- Vitamin D, Vitamin B 6, Vitamin B 12, Vitamin A, Vitamin C