Making the change to organic products seems easy – until you start looking for organic deodorant. Then the question becomes: how can you find an organic deodorant that works?
Many people avoid switching from traditional deodorant because they’ve tried organic products that just don’t cut it. However, finding an organic deodorant that works is as simple as reading the ingredient label.
Once you know which organic deodorizers are effective, you can choose a product that contains those proven ingredients. After trying a few products, you’ll learn what works best for your body chemistry, so you can always make the right choice.
Ready to learn how to find an organic deodorant that works? Keep reading to learn more!
Why Use Organic Deodorant?
Your current deodorant works, it’s reliable, it smells nice – so you might be wondering why you should make the switch to organic deodorant.
However, non-organic deodorants and antiperspirants can actually do more harm than good. Antiperspirants block us from sweating, which damages our bodies’ natural functions. Sweat is how our bodies release toxins and regulate temperature.
Many non-organic deodorants and antiperspirants contain pore-clogging ingredients that block sweat, but don’t do anything to combat odor. Sweat is comprised of salt and water and doesn’t actually smell bad on its own. Body odor only exists because of bacteria on the skin coming into contact with our sweat (ew).
- PATENT PENDING TECHNOLOGY - Oxygen infused in Shea Butter and Beeswax oxidize odor causing...
- LASTS 5-7 MONTHS ON AVERAGE - You don't need much for it to work. Oxygen odor prevention...
- 100% CRUELTY FREE and NO ALUMINUM, alcohol, Parabens, Propylene Glycol or any other...
Pores clogged by deodorant can result in irritated, bumpy skin and razor burn. Non-organic deodorant can even make you smell worse once you stop using it because it kills the good bacteria that combats odor.
Aluminum in deodorant also reacts with your shirt’s fabric to cause the yellow sweat stains most of us are all too familiar with.
Some research has linked non-organic deodorants to diseases, thanks to the chemicals it contains. With all of this in mind, it’s easy to see why you’d want an organic deodorant that works.
Finding one is easier than you might think.
Choosing an Organic Deodorant that Works
Deodorants are only as effective as their ingredients. If you choose a deodorant with proven odor-fighting organic ingredients, you’ll never turn back to regular deodorant again.
Keep in mind that everyone’s body chemistry and lifestyle is different, and deodorant that works for someone else may not work for you. But if you try a few different ones with different active ingredients, you’re sure to find an organic deodorant that works.
- Totaly Non-Toxic and Natural. Mineral salts are mined out of the Ground
- No Toxic Chemicals, No Carcinogens, Just 100% Mineral Salts
- Will Easily last well Over 2 Years with Daily Use. It's a Huge Money Saver.
- Made without : Aluminum Chloride/Chlorohydrate/ Zirconium, Parabens, Fragrance
- Contains one ingredient - pure mineral salt
- Prevents odor safely for up to 24 hours and Free of harmful forms of aluminum
Now, let’s take a look at some of the most effective natural deodorant ingredients.
Witch hazel is a skin-loving natural deodorizer. If you have sensitive skin, this is an especially good choice. Many conventional deodorants contain alcohol, which can quickly lead to skin irritation.
Witch hazel, on the other hand, soothes skin even if it’s already irritated. It’s a natural astringent and actually helps tighten your pores (that’s why it’s also great for clearing up breakouts on your face). If you’re prone to razor burn or other underarm skin issues, look for a natural deodorant made with witch hazel.
- TOTALLY NATURAL - EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE
- Aluminum Free: Paraben Free: No Toxic Ingredients
- No White Residue, Just Clean Beautiful Skin
- A natural deodorant that really works and doesn't irritate. Stay confident with mineral...
- Floral fresh, non-sticky formula for even the most sensitive skin types. Baking soda free,...
- Help control moisture and neutralize odor with dietary magnesium and arrowroot. No...
Essential oils are known more as perfume ingredients than as natural deodorant ingredients. While they can make your organic deodorant smell amazing, some essential oils are also natural antibacterial agents that fight odor-causing bacteria.
Look for deodorants that have tea tree oil, sage, rosemary, lemongrass, and even lichen essential oils to reap these bacteria-fighting benefits.
In conventional antiperspirants, aluminum salts are often used to clog sweat glands and prevent wetness. However, as mentioned above, this can cause skin and odor issues.
Mineral salts, on the other hand, create a layer of the skin without actually clogging pores. This layer keeps odor-causing bacteria from growing. You’ll sweat, but the bacteria that makes sweat smell bad won’t be there. If you want a natural alternative to your antiperspirant, look for a mineral salt deodorant.
- Texas Natural Supply
- Health and Beauty
- We're On a Mission to Change the Way You Think About Natural.
- Schmidt's award-winning formulas help neutralize odor and keep you fresh, naturally.
- Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrance, our...
You might already use baking soda to kill odors in your fridge or your laundry. Did you know it can also help fight odors on your body?
Baking soda absorbs odors because it’s so porous. It also absorbs sweat, making this another great natural alternative to antiperspirant.
Charcoal is another powerful odor absorber – it’s actually used in fridge filters and water filters, because of its purifying properties. Charcoal is naturally slightly porous, but activated charcoal has the extra porosity to really combat body odor.
It’s also an antibacterial agent, so it fights the cause of odor as well as the symptoms. If baking soda deodorant isn’t powerful enough for you, try activated charcoal.
- Natural deodorant, charcoal deodorant, aluminum free deodorant, detox deodorant
- Heathy choice, yoga lifestyle brand, activated charcoal deodorant, fitness and active...
- All natural ingredients, tested on yogis
- A refreshing house blend made with Green Tea, Lemon Essential Oil, and the crisps notes of...
- This vegan deodorant is free of aluminum or bactericides that have been studied to not...
- Our natural deodorants are formulated with a vegetable protein that neutralizes the...
This beloved beer ingredient can also make an organic deodorant that works.
Hops don’t just add flavor to beer – they’re a preservative that stops bacteria from growing. These antimicrobial properties are great for deodorant. Hops kill the bacteria that causes odor when it comes into contact with your sweat.
- PURE. NATURAL. VEGAN. A clean formula without any nonsense: No Baking Soda. No Paraben. No...
- FEEL FRESH & PROTECTED. Effective odor protection without the stickiness. In the office,...
- SCENTS FOR EVERY TASTE. True to its name, 'Delicate Rose' has a gentle and quite delicate...
Making the Change to Organic Deodorant
Not only is organic deodorant safer for your body, but it can actually be more effective in the long term. It promotes the growth of good bacteria that fights odors while killing odor-causing microbes.
- Fragrance and chemical free - No parabens, aluminum, or propylene glycol
- Great for kids and those with sensitive skin ORGANIC and GMO FREE!
- Does not sting, stain, or show up white on clothing
- Natural and Organic
- No Staining
- 24 Hours Odor Free
To make the switch from conventional to organic deodorant smoothly, take a break from deodorant for a few days before starting with your organic deodorant. (You’ll want to do this on days you were going to stay in, not when you have a date or yoga class). This allows your body time to get rid of the chemicals and aluminum from the conventional deodorant, so you’ll avoid irritating your skin when you make the change.
- All Natural & Uniquely Powerful Formula
- Utilizes Superfine Vegetable Powders & Clays, As Well As Lavender, Peppermint & Tea Tree...
- Frosting-like Consistency Allows For Easy Manual Application & Rapid Absorption (Ideal For...
Related Post: The Best Reasons to Buy Organic Makeup
While you’re transitioning, try to wear shirts made of natural fibers like cotton, rather than acrylic or polyester, which traps moisture. Once you’re using your natural deodorant, exfoliate your armpits once a week to further minimize odors. Give your body a few weeks to adjust to the new deodorant, and if it doesn’t work for you, try a different one with another blend of ingredients.
- 2 PACK money saving 2 pack of our best selling deodorant
- HANDCRAFTED in small batches with no added fragrance
- PROBIOTICS Natural, Organic, Aluminum-free Deodorant with Probiotics for odor control
- Easy to Apply with ARROW ROOT - Arrow root absorb odors and wetness without the use of...
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC - Made with only natural organic ingredients that are safe and...
- 24HR PROTECTION - Provides all day protection from odor and wetness for men and women.
It may take a few tries, but you’re sure to find an organic deodorant that works for you if you look for the ingredients on this list. Are you ready to make the change? Then check out our list of top natural deodorant brands here.